Round table "Keep Heading on Modernization: Architecture of Museum Buildings Nowadays"
26.05.2017, 12:00-14:00 Friday
19th International Festival “Intermuseum-2017”
ROSIZO State Museum and Exhibition Center
The North-Western Branch of the National Center for Contemporary Arts as part of ROSIZO
May 26, 2017 at 12:00
Round table "Keep Heading on Modernization:
Architecture of Museum Buildings Nowadays"
The “Ruine” Wing of Schusev State Museum of Architecture (Moscow)
The session will focus on:
- Modern trends of museum modernization: two-sided approach (museum / architect)
- "Museum-attraction": functional vs. esthetic specificity of museum buildings architecture OR what a museum building should be: "a temple of art" / a collection storeroom or a valuable architectural attraction?
- New functions of the museum (cultural and educational center) - new challenges for the architect?
- What kind of issues does the museum resolve over the building modernization: international and Russian specifics
Moderator: Alexei Lebedev (Moscow) - Doctor of Arts, Head of the Laboratory of Museum Design at the School of Design of the Higher School of Economics
- Hans Günter Merz (Stuttgart, Germany) - architect, designer, head of the architectural and Design Bureau HG Merz Architekten Museumsgestalter
- Oleg Yavein, (St. Petersburg, Russia) - architect at "Studio 44" Architectural Studio, Project Manager for the Reconstruction and Restoration of the State Hermitage Museum Complex in the East Wing of the General Staff Building
- Evgeniy Ass, (Moscow, Russia) - architect and artist, founder and rector of "MARCH" Architecture School, Professor of Moscow Architectural Institute, author of the reconstruction project of the NCCA Volga-Vyatka region branch - Arsenal building in Nizhny Novgorod
- Anton Naghavitsin, (Moscow, Russia) - architect, managing partner of the architectural bureau ARHSTRUCTURE, author of the reconstruction project of the NCCA branch in Yekaterinburg and Tomsk
- Yuri Avvakumov, (Moscow, Russia) - architect, artist and curator, author of the reconstruction project of the North Caucasus Branch of the NCCA in Vladikavkaz
- Anna Trapkova, (Moscow, Russia) - Deputy Director of Park Development LLC
- Vladimir Dukelsky, (Moscow, Russia) - top researcher at the Laboratory of Museum Design of the Russian Institute of Cultural Studies, culturologist and museologist
- Sergei Gnedovsky, (Moscow, Russia) - Vice-President of The Union of Architects of Russia, Honored Architect of Russia, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Architecture and Construction Sciences
- Vladimir Gritsenko, (Tula, Russia) - Director of Military History and Natural Reserve the Kulikovo field
Address: Moscow, st. Vozdvizhenka, 5/25. The “Ruine” Wing of Schusev State Museum of Architecture